Automation is essential to achieve any cloud journey project. A wide range of maturing and emerging tools are taking off the heavy workload that is involved in cloud migration critical processes and, therefore, making the whole process easier.
At Linke, in collaboration with Amazon Web Services, we have prepared a webinar in order to explain how to optimize SAP workloads and systems migrations to AWS cloud through automation tools and its key benefits.
Register if you want to know more about how to accelerate SAP migration to the cloud with automation.
Benefits of automation
SAP migration is one of the most time consuming and critical projects a company and a TI department can encounter. However, with innovative automation tools, like the ones offered by AWS and Linke, time, cost and complexity can be reduced.
In fact, one of the benefits of AWS cloud environment is the power of reducing costs and timing while gaining in agility and reliability.
Do you know how you can benefit from automation? Lets take a look into 5 main advantages and how they can boost every SAP migration phase and make them easier to be managed:
1. Speed: One of the most worrying aspects for business managers is the period from the start of migration to the start of cloud operations. Thanks to automations, all the tasks are executed by a machine which gives us the capacity to work in parallel and run different tasks with all the reliability and mitigating risks.
2. Security: One of the best parts of automating migrations is that software can be tested and validated with security controls. That means SAP systems will always enjoy of a secured environment.
3. Governance: while working on AWS cloud, we have the opportunity to implement tools and services to monitor and measure our infrastructure, remediate any failure and assure compliance.
4. Reliability: automation mitigates risks by using testable patterns, proven methods and cloud best practices. This is because the environments do not need to be reinvented in every project which ensures a simple, low-risk migration.
5. Cost savings and higher efficiency are possible with the right automation tools and implementation as it can save time and human effort.
Quick wins to a SAP on AWS migration project
Automatic data loading tools on cloud are developed under native languages that allow a fast, compatible and error-free migration. With these tools, processes are optimized and the workload can be reduced considerably.
SAP cloud migration processes, which previously could take between four and six months, can now be completed in a few weeks. You can save money in human resources, time and also provide your company with greater security and efficiency by operating SAP on AWS.
Here are the 4 quick wins of running SAP on AWS:
1. SAP architecture templates: the usage of already designed, proven and tested templates and implementation of best practices help us reach great levels of systems and environment reliability because IT experts won't need to redresing the architecture for each customer.
2. Effortless build: one benefit of AWS cloud is that we can rebuild automatically the architecture anytime needed and recreate SAP environments in order to test or locate errors without consuming too many resources.
3. Built-in Security: SAP infrastructure is always secured thanks to AWS cloud security hardening.
4. Governance: as mentioned, AWS gives the exact tools to manage visibility, traceability and enforce compliance of SAP systems in the cloud.
No doubts automation brings the flexibility that many companies need to a quick and successful migration project.
Want to discover more about automation for your SAP migration project? Register to this webinar on-demand.